Error : “Windows cannot access \\Shared path”
Follow below steps to resolve the issue,
1. Check the correct shared folder name
2. Try accessing shared path with IP address
3. Check the permissions on the share.
4. Check the “Computer Browser Service is started on both computer.
5. Check NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled (On both side).
- a ) Open Network Connections
b ) Local Are connection –> Properties
c ) Internet protocol TCP/IP V4 –> Properties
d ) Go to WINS Tab –> Select Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
e ) ok–> Apply –> Ok
6. If above steps didn’t work try resetting the NIC.
Note both computer IP address (ipconfig /all)
Run below command in elevated command prompt
netsh winsock reset
7. Reboot and configure IP address as earlier.
Now you will be able to access Shares folders.